As a certified professional coach, Dr. Jim provides helps care professionals better manage the issues they are facing.
The skills he coaches show clients how to become more engaged in their work, with the people they work with and those people they serve.
” Dr. Jim has helped me to communicate more clearly with client families and people in general.
I work a lot in the technical side of the funeral business and now better manage the people side of the business. Through his programs I am reaching and connecting more with everybody. ” – Joseph M. Bernaudo, Licensed Funeral Director
Do you or your team struggle with:
- Communication – is your message being understood by everyone?
- Self Management – do your people respond positively or react negatively?
- Time Management – are things getting done and on time?
- Conflict Management – when your people disagree are they disagreeable?
- Change Management – does your team resist, withdraw or embrace change?
- Motivation – are your people at their best, when others are at their worst?
Here’s how one-on-one Coaching works:
Coaching is usually done via the phone. An appointment is made and the client chooses the topic to be discussed. Through the process of coaching – listening and asking questions the coaching client gains new and fresh insight into how they respond or better manage the issue they identified.
This increases their action in the matter since they have a large ‘buy in’ because they help to create their response.
Follow up calls or emails are taken to ensure accountability and that progress is made.
These coaching sessions are private one on one telephone conversations that are one hour in length.
Even if your people care skills are good, with coaching they can be great!